Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Expanded Commute - Back Home Leg

The commute back home was pretty easy. The co-worker I rode in with was having great difficulties so I just plodded along with him. At one point when we stopped I told him his seat looked low. We chatted and he said he thought the entire frame was too small for him and after looking at it I agreed. He is about my height so I traded him bikes for a trial run. When I got on his bike and pedaled my first thought was "This sucks donkey ass!" as the seat was too low, tilted too far up in the front and generally not working for me. He on the hand felt like he was riding on silk it took so little effort to move. Reluctantly he gave me my bike back and I realized how freaking hard he was working just to get from point A to point B, let alone try and keep up with me (because I'm awesome).

Since we were slowed we got caught in the rain and was quickly soaked. I didn't personally care but I figured with how hard he worked and how soaked we were he deserved a beer. We stopped at a local join along the path and had a pitcher.

The entire commute for the day equaled 29.71 miles. Next I'll try leaving from my house and going for the full deal. That should kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment